Sunday, July 18, 2010

WORLD OF WARCRAFT - CATACLYSM


I got a beta for the upcoming World of Warcraft expansion, and I’ve been messing around with it in the last days, particularly leveling a goblin and a worgen.

Their starting zones are the finest in the game. They both fulfill their goals (being the horde’s ‘funny race’ for the goblins, being the ‘bad guys’ for the alliance), they’re epic and compelling (particularly the worgen) and there are multiple scenarios and challenges (heavily using the phasing tool).

I haven’t played the lvl 80-85 bracket much, but I have mixed feelings about it. Seems like the major changes for this expansion (new races and their starting zones, complete revamp of the low-level zones) can only be enjoyed while leveling characters. I already have a complete set of high level characters.

Well yes, there will be new instances and raid zones, but I’m starting to feel tired of all that. It’s like Groundhog day. I’m not sure if I’ll buy the expansion. We’ll see.

No comments: