Wednesday, August 17, 2011

BRAID


At last, I completed Braid. Like 3 years ago I loved the demo in Xbox, and I promised myself to buy it, which I never did. Recently Barkley bought for Lucas and me the humble bundle, and Braid was included, so I decided this was the time to play it.

My initial feeling about the game was extremely positive. The main mechanic was fresh, there were interesting iterations in each level and the visuals were unique. However, now that I've experienced the whole game I think some of the puzzles are too obscure (this often happens in the puzzle genre), too skill-based and the story (if like to call it that way) is a bad attempt of an amateur storyteller.

Anyway, it's definitively worth to buy it if you didn't. It's not the GotY as I initially thought, but the best indie game that I've seen so far. And now that I come to think about it, the first indie game I ever complete, I think.

No comments: