Tuesday, May 1, 2012

PUZZLE QUEST 2

And I finished my second iOS game: PUZZLE QUEST 2. It was recommended to me by Lolo, a friend, and I have mixed feelings about it.

On one hand I appreciate the mix of RPG elements with a basic puzzle system, but on the other the game becomes repetitive really fast. The production values are quite high for a mobile game, there is an interesting number of different enemies, spells and scenarios to visit. But they´re all 2D, and possibly handled by different artists since there are subtle style differences in characters and drawings. Also the game was prone to shut down itself from time to time, but the RPG element keeps you interested in your hero, as well as the story pushing you for finding what´s next.

The thing I liked the most was the fact that you can adapt gameplay to your needs. Each puzzle fight takes 5-10 min to be completed, which is very convenient for some short play sessions I have along the day (i.e. subway trips). That´s the main reason why I kept playing, and why I finished it. But ey, I only recommend it if you´re an RPG fan ;)

No comments: