Saturday, March 30, 2013

BIOSHOCK INFINITE



I should probably start saying I´m a fan of the previous Bioshocks. They master the concept of environmental storytelling, there is constant flow of creativity on the setup and the characters, and the mechanics are well adapted to the scenario, making it shine even more.

It was a no brainer I'd play Bioshock Infinite, and I gotta say it´s a great game. In the first 2-3 hours you´re introduced to the shiny new world of Columbia, and start experience the multiple contradictions of that society. The game systems are pretty much inherited from Bioshock, which creates a certain feeling of 'Yeah, a city in the clouds but this reminds me to Rapture too much'.

But then you meet Elizabeth, and the empathy you feel for that young girl is really powerful. The rest of the game you´re pretty much lead by her through the story. I generally have to make pauses every 2 hours to not be saturated by the game, but in this case I almost devoured it until the end.

And about the end... I don´t want to spoil it but I gotta say it´s really unique. Yeah, really unique. Send me a message if you fancy to talk about it ;)

No comments: